10 Greatest Timpanists of all time?
s***@gmail.com
2016-10-06 00:21:16 UTC
Who, in your opinion are the greatest timp players of all time? For the
purpose of this question, I am confining elegibility to only those players who
made their mark as the Timpanist of a MAJOR World Orchestra performing the
"standard" Classical Works!! What about players still performing? Salvitore
Rabbio MUST be on this list, I am sure!!
Vic Firth is up there
n***@gmail.com
Kurt Goedicke of the LSO
a***@gmail.com
2017-06-23 20:26:33 UTC
Surly someone must mention the tympanist for all 17 years of the NBC's existence under Toscanini, KARL GLASSMAN.
w***@gmail.com
2018-07-05 04:58:49 UTC
I would put in for Timothy Adams, current Timpanist for the
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, and Percussion head at Carnegie
Mellon University...
Saw him perform with Evelyn Glennie and the PSO...
fantastic!
Brandon
Carnegie Mellon University
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/bp33/
Tartan Ice Hockey Kiltie Tenor Line Pipe Band Snare Line
I study with Tim Adams. I would agree. :)
Dave Bayles
2020-10-03 11:24:30 UTC
Who, in your opinion are the greatest timp players of all >time?
Hmmm... what about William Street with the RPO? Or Karl Glassman of the
Toscanini NBC Orchestra?
And let's not forget all my teachers that I have studied with! :)
Danielle
Am I the only one who has heard of Alan Cumberland? Has anyone else?
While I'm at it has anyone ever heard or played David Morby Timpani
Sticks?
Matt
Matt My friend timpanist w/ Milwaukee Ballet highly suggests Morby Mallets- about the only ones he uses. expensive but well worth it.